Thursday, April 10, 2008

Sebby Snacks (or previously known as "What SebMan is thinking)

  1. Isn't the best way to describe the Administration's position on Iraq and troop withdraw the "Tiger/Bear by the ears" analogy ["Good thing is we've got the insurgents by the ears, bad news is we can't let them go"]. Maybe it's just me, I'm not a spokesperson for the "worst president in the history of the country." but it would seem like that's more straight forward than what we have right now.

  2. To those among the Carolina "faithful" who feel Roy betrayed his Heels when he cheered Kansas to a National Title on Monday. Does this make you feel like a pathetic loser:

    That’s how he acted in 1993, when his Jayhawks lost to Dean Smith’s Tar Heels in the national semifinals. “Let’s stay in New Orleans and watch Coach Smith win another one,” he told Baldwin.

    That’s exactly what the pair did, with Williams feverishly waving a blue-and-white pom-pom from his seat in the Superdome. On the way out of the arena after Carolina’s win over Michigan, he stopped to buy a t-shirt for Scott and Kimberly–neither of whom had yet attended UNC–that read, “I was there in New Orleans,” along with the victorious Tar Heel score.

    “I’m pretty consistent,” he says. “My team lost to Carolina in 1993 and I stayed and supported Carolina. My team lost to Kansas in 2008 and I stayed and supported Kansas. I am who I am. I’m thankful that I am surrounded by people who understand how I am and support me no matter what, because I realize not everyone in the world falls into that category.”



  3. Really, the folks that got mad over Roy's donning a decal really, really, really don't understand Carolina basketball. I'd be mad at the team for spotting Kansas 28 points, taking 24 of them back and then running out of gas, but then you see this sort of crap, (not the post, but the comments) and you think, hell, the team "May or may not have played with the energy they should have, but they completely outclassed these fools."

  4. Hey look, the last politician in Washington to realize there's a mortgage foreclosure crisis has done it! And he's the Republican nominee! Gosh, you know, it's a little agressive, but maybe the lending industry could use a little investigation. Ya Think! It's like this wasn't caused by a bunch of lying borrowers and was really caused by the people who should have all the financial knowledge to nip "deceptive borrowing" in the bud.

No comments: