Tuesday, April 8, 2008

The Great State of Houston

SebMan and I were in Houston this weekend for the wonderful wedding reception of a wonderful friend.

Although I grew up in Texas, I lived on the North Side, aka Dallas-Fort Worth. I didn't get down to Houston much. Since most of my college friends live there now, I have gotten the chance to learn all kinds of things about it that I would never have known.

Two such examples:

the beer can house

the liquor store / gourmet food megamart Specs.

Aaaaand, I saw many-a Obama yard sign. I love North Cackalacky, but I might have considered Houston a living destination had these things been pointed out to me previously.

1 comment:

The Media Grab said...

you want to know where else they have cool beer houses, food options and obama supporters?

midtown. thats where!